Sunday, July 17, 2016

Welcome to my Blog, Let's be Friends!

Hiii! So, I'm a little new to all this blogging stuff but I'm gonna give it a go! Thanks to my amazing friend I was able to create this page. Thanks girl! You are the best! So, in other words, for my first post let me tell you a little about myself: 



My name is Kaley, I am 16 years old. I am the oldest of four children, and the oldest of twenty-eight grandchildren. I loveeeeeee to read books and I love to write my own stories. I started reading with my dad when I was really young. Together we started reading A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, and though we didn't make it all the way through the first book before we forgot about it, I believe it was because of him my  love for reading began. (The way this sentence is worded reminds me of Avatar: The Last Airbender, LOL!)  Later I finally decided to pick up the book again and read it all the through, and then I just kept reading them. But after that I didn't really keep up on reading, I very very slowly read books for school, but I didn't read just for fun until one day in sixth grade. My sixth grade teacher began reading a book to us that was just absolutely fascinating to me. It was called The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. When the class became too disruptive while she was reading, she decided to stop reading the book to us. I was devastated. What was Percy going to do next? Would he find the bolt? I had to know and so I ordered the book and finished it myself, thus beginning my love for reading.
After finishing The Lightning Thief, I just wanted more. I kept reading the series and eventually, somehow, I became the reader today. I have no idea what I read after that but I must have loved it if I continued reading after them. So here we are today, I've read things all the way from A Series of Unfortunate Events to The Lunar Chronicles and I plan on reading much, much more.
  That's my love for reading, so now let me tell you a bit about my love for Writing. I guess I have ALWAYS loved to write because for as long as I can remember I've written stories, even though they haven't always been that good. I would write down the random things that my mind came up with and then I would pretend to be those characters until I came up with a new story, and yes, I still do that everyday. I didn't really start putting real ideas and dedication to my stories until I discovered One Direction and started writing fanfictions that we really don't have to bring up. (They were SOOOOO embarrassing!) Then, finally, I moved on from One Direction Fanfics, only to write Disney/Dreamworks fanfictions. Now those are a little less embarrassing and they're about Queen Elsa from Frozen and Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians. I know a lot of people don't ship them but I do and so I wrote a fanfiction which you can read here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/14553449-i%27ve-got-your-back-a-jelsa-fanfic
I worked on those fanfictions for probably about a year when I saw 'Into The Woods' the Disney Film (not the original play ): ) which helped me create the story that I am probably the most proud of. I just couldn't get the idea of all of those fairy tales coming together out of my head. So, while I was thinking about fairy tales, my baby, The Castle of Dreams, was born.
This is a story about six best friends who wake up in a world where they are not themselves, but they're dressed as fairytale characters, on their Journey to find each other again they make some interesting discoveries about themselves and find themselves in the midst of a huge misunderstanding. I have rewritten it once before and I hope to rewrite it again to make it even better. You can also read this one on Wattpad, https://www.wattpad.com/story/54000297-the-castle-of-dreams. In case it wasn't obvious, I have a small obsession with Wattpad. In other words, I have many other stories because my mind will not quit thinking them up! If you read any of them, please please please, tell me what you think of them, feedback always helps!


I hope you all will join me on this journey, Thank you.
    Until next time<3

Find Me! Tweet Me! Read Me! Add Me!
Instagram: @ALWAYS_THE_BOOK_CHICK
Twitter: @ALWAYS13LWWY
Wattpad: @ALWAYS13LWWY
Goodreads:
 https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/44026784-kaley-catron

No comments:

Post a Comment