Monday, July 18, 2016

The Birthstone Book Tag!!

Hello, so I was thinking it might be smart to really start off this Blog with some tags so that's what I'm gonna do! Today, we are going to be doing the Birthstone Book Tag and I am soo excited! I first saw this tag on Spinesandcovers.com site,https://spinesandcovers.com/birthstone-book-tag/. So there's that if you want to go right ahead and check that out and then we'll get started!!

     
January (Garnet) - Associate with warding off 

negative forces and dark energies – Name a 

book with the darkest/evilest character you 

can think of.



Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix by J. K. Rowling

Was this really a question? My mind went STRAIGHT to Umbridge and The Dark Lord. They are both incredibly dark and cruel. Both are feared and hated by many. 


FEBRUARY (AMETHYST): PURPLE IS ASSOCIATED WITH ROYALTY – NAME A BOOK WITH REGAL QUALITIES… YOU CAN BASE THIS OFF OF CHARACTERS OF CHOOSE THE KING OF ALL BOOKS 


Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George

I chose one of my favorites for this one. This is a twelve dancing princesses retelling so like LOTS of Royalty! Twelve main princesses and their father, plus princes!! 




March (AQUAMARINE): Washed out – Name

a 'wishy washy' character,a character who is 

not strong or a follower.


Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Now I haven't read these books so I don't know if Bella is still like that in the books or what. But in the movie she's just not a good main character. To me it seems like all she does is whine and complain about things. And then the way she just depends on Edward and Jacob, like you can't depend on one person THAT much. They won't ALWAYS be there for you, so you need to learn to fend for yourself sometimes. 






APRIL (DIAMOND): A DIAMOND IN THE 

ROUGH – NAME A BOOK THAT YOU LOVED 

BUT IS NOT WELL KNOWN










Fluorescence: Fire Starter by P. Anastasia


This book is special to me. I discovered it at Comic Con and fell in love 

with them, The covers are BEAUTIFUL as well. It's a story about a 

group of teenagers that are infected with a disease that was given to 

them by a dying Alien race, who has hopes that the humans will save 

them. The four main characters are tasked with the job of doing the 

Alien's dirty business and they aren't happy about it. 









May (EMERALD): Said to balance energy – 

Name two characters who balance each  

other well



Doon By Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon

For this one I chose Doon, or Shades of Doon as the picture shows. Veronica and Mackenna balance each other out perfectly if you ask me. It may be just because of the way they "share a brain." But I think it's just the friendship between them. 




JUNE (PEARL): ASSOCIATED WITH LOYALTY – NAME A CHARACTER WHO IS LOYAL TO THE END


The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

Two words for you. Percy. Jackson. I mean who better for this question than him? His Fatal Flaw is LOYALTY!



July (RUBY): Blood red – Name a book that made your blood boil, one that made you angry



The Selection by Kiera Cass

This was a wonderful series. The story is great, the covers are amazing, the ideas are good. the only problem I have with this book is, America Singer. I don't think I have to explain why because she's America's Singer.



AUGUST (PERIDOT): PALE GREEN (IT PALES IN COMPARISON TO OTHER GEMS) – NAME A SUPPORTING CHARACTER WHO YOU LIKE BETTER THAN THE MAIN CHARACTER





The Maze Runner by James Dashner

I chose the Maze Runner because personally I like Newt and Teresa better than Thomas. They are main characters but they aren't the MAIN character. Not that I have anything against Thomas or even Minho, I just really love Newt and Teresa who aren't exactly the main characters of the story.






September (SAPPHIRE): Blue like the ocean 

which is calming – Name a book that had a 

calming affect on you




The Heartbreakers by Ali Novak

This might sound a little weird because like how could this book have a calming effect on me? Maybe it was just because it was almost like a memory for me, but it was new and adorable. It really just made me feel relaxed like I wasn't in a hurry to read it or anything. It was a nice quick calm relaxing read, but also a what's going to happen next? read. 








OCTOBER (OPAL): IRIDESCENT – NAME AN IRIDESCENT BOOK, THIS CAN BE A BOOK WITH A BEAUTIFUL COVER (SHINY? LOTS OF COLOUR?) OR YOU CAN BASE IT OFF OF A CHARACTER (QUIRKY? COLOURFUL?)

Wake by Amanda Hocking

You can't tell very well by the picture, but the actual hardback copy of this book has a beautiful shiny cover. 




November (TOPAZ): Associated with resilience – Name a books with a character who rises to the top in a time of adversity
                                            

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Katniss, because she had to overcome the death of her father and provide for her family in ways her mother couldn't.

DECEMBER (BLUE ZIRCON): ASSOCIATED WITH FRIENDSHIP – NAME A BOOK WITH A FRIENDSHIP YOU WANT TO BE APART OF




The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord

And last but not least, I would like to be part of Kaylee, Morgan, Paige and Tessa's group of friends. Though it might get a bit confusing with two Kaylee/Kaley's but the friendship between the four of them is just so realistic and wonderful and I'd love to be a part of it.
Also, I wouldn't mind being part of Veronica and Mackenna's (Doon) friendship either, as long as my Bestie's included!!


So, that's it for this tag, I hope you enjoyed it and I hope I did it right. If you have different thoughts for an answer let me know, let's chat! Until next time<3




Find Me! Tweet Me! Read Me! Add Me!
Instagram: @ALWAYS_THE_BOOK_CHICK
Twitter: @ALWAYS13LWWY
Wattpad: @ALWAYS13LWWY
Goodreads:
 https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/44026784-kaley-catron

No comments:

Post a Comment