Sunday, July 24, 2016

What am I Currently Reading?

Hey, Hi, HELLO! How is everyone doing on this fine day? Today I was thinking I'd share what I'm currently reading because I'm in the middle of a lot of things. Well, that's what reading slumps do to you I guess! Haha! Let's get started!!!



Alright, so, according to my goodreads I've been reading 'Along For The Ride' by Sarah Dessen since August 2015. Now, let's just have a moment of silence for the fact that it is almost August of 2016 and I still have not gotten ANY further than chapter eight in this book. It's been a whole year!! I guess maybe I'm just not feeling it or maybe it's because I don't really understand the hype around Sarah Dessen's books. I have read two all the way through and I'm just not sure what makes them so great. Honestly, to me they're just kind of bland. Nothing really happens and it seems like typically the storylines are only tweaked a little bit and given a new title, and different characters names. I don't know if it's because I read 'The Moon and More' first or if it's just because I don't like the others. Out of the two and a half I've read The Moon and More is my favorite. It's possible I like the way that one is written because it's one of her newer releases, however, nonetheless, I hope someday a Sarah Dessen book will change my thoughts on her books, but until that day her books will continue to be meh for me. 




Next on the list we have 'Elixir' by Hilary Duff. This has been one of my current reads since April 1 of 2016. This was a reread for me, or going to be a  reread. The first time I read this book I read it in a night. I mean I devoured this book. I was so into it. It was so intriguing. Who is this mysterious boy in Clea's pictures? What is the Elixir? The reason I decided to attempt to pick this up again was so I could read the next to books in this series even though I know I'm not going to be happy with her choice in the end. ALSO CAN WE HAVE A MOMENT FOR THE COVER CHANGES. Like, no.  This cover, ^^^ That is beautiful. Not the new ones with the girl on the cover. I am not a fan of the new covers, in case that wasn't obvious. 




Next on my list is Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I started this book for a book club I joined. But I was not expecting my reading slump to sneak up on me. It was one of those ones where you just did NOT want to read, not one little bit. Do not get me wrong, this book is really good. Well, it was for as far into it as I got. I really hope to finish this soon and find out what in the world is going to happen with Mare and stuff because WHAT! 


Next, we have If I Stay by Gayle Forman. This is an awesome book. I've read it once before and I loved it ever so much. Five stars from me. This time around I'm rereading it only because my sister wanted to read it and so I was like hey, I've got two copies of this book, Let's read it together. So we started reading it and then we stopped, I guess because we got caught up in moving madness. Hopefully, we'll get to continue reading this soon. (I'm wondering if it'll make me cry this time around, the movie gets me everytime)


And lastly, Once Again by Liz Braswell & Cameron Dokey. This is a bind up novel of two Fairy Tale retellings. I bought this from Target a long time ago just because I love fairy tales and I really wanted to buy a book and so I bought this and I'm just now getting around to reading it. So far I'm only about six chapters into 'Snow' by Liz Braswell and it's interesting. I guess we'll have to just see if it takes off or what is going to happen with that. 


So, that is everything I am currently reading at this very moment. As you can see it's taking me quite sometime to get into these books and I really hope to change that super soon. Hopefully, after I move and get all settled in I'd like to kick some of these off of the list.
Have you read any of these? What are your thoughts? Ratings? Let me know!
Until Next Time<3






Find Me! Tweet Me! Read Me! Add Me!
Instagram: @ALWAYS_THE_BOOK_CHICK
Twitter: @ALWAYS13LWWY
Wattpad: @ALWAYS13LWWY
Goodreads:
 https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/44026784-kaley-catron

No comments:

Post a Comment